ISSAI 30 PROJECT
A decision on the review of ISSAI 30 – INTOSAI Code of Ethics was taken by the Steering Committee of the Professional Standards Committee at its meeting in Stockholm in June 2013, based on the maintenance frequency. A project team was established that conducted an initial assessment, and subsequently developed a project proposal comprising a recommendation to have ISSAI 30 revised. The project proposal was approved by the PSC SC in May 2014.
To deal with the actual revision, the team has been enlarged, and is now composed of the following SAIs: Albania, Chile, Hungary, Indonesia, Kuwait, Mexico, Namibia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland (lead), Portugal, South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, and has one observer – the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
The main objectives of the revision of ISSAI 30 will be, among others:
- to provide for the perspective of a SAI, apart from the perspective of an individual auditor,
- to provide for consistency with other ISSAIs,
- to review the fundamental principles and core values of the Code,
- to introduce some editorial changes aimed at improving the clarity of the document,
- to update the terminology.
- First draft ready in the first quarter of 2015
- Exposure draft ready in July 2015
- Time frame for the Due Process: September 2015 – October 2016
- Approval by INCOSAI 2016
Documents related to the revision of INTOSAI Code of Ethics – ISSAI 30:
- Project Proposal for Revision of ISSAI 30 approved by the PSC Steering Committee in May 2014
- Annex 1 to the Project Proposal
- Annex 2 to the Project Proposal
At its meeting on 26-27 May 2016 in Copenhagen, the PSC Steering Committee approved of the Endorsement Version of the revised ISSAI 30: